Jim and his father, Gene, founded G&R Polled Herefords in 1948 with the purchase of two horned Herefords. G&R originally stood for G (Gene) and R (Robert), Jim’s legal first name. In 1965, after the marriage of Jim and Sue Stump, a production sale was held to disperse Gene and Irene’s share of the cattle and they took over the herd. From then, the G&R has been referred to as Grumble (Jim’s normal voice tone) and Roar (Sue’s nature).
In 2011 we lost Jim in a 4 wheeler accident. After reducing the herd size, Sue continued the operation with 50 head of females and the help of her family at Springhill Herefords.
In June 2012, we welcomed Grant, Linda, Bailey and Seth McKay as they came to join G&R and Springhill Herefords. The McKay’s came with 50 pairs of Hereford females and a wealth of knowledge and experience in the breed.
- Two-time National Western and American Royal Champion
- Canadian Bull of the Year
- Outstanding Bull of All Breeds in New Zealand
- Numerous local, state and national class winners & champions
- Developing lifelong friendships while following Kansas and Nebraska youth.
Our door is always open to anyone who wants to talk Herefords.